Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, when there is a water invasion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold may easily become out of control in your home or business. In some causes, mold damage can be impossible to detect until it is too late, hiding inside the walls or dark places in the basement, then spreading through cracks or air ducts to reach other parts of the house. Mold can be very dangerous to the internal structure of a house, causing property damage and wearing down building materials. Along with this, mold can cause health issues. If you find mold inside your house or place of business, please do not assume that it is harmless, seek professional help right away. New Cumberland / Carlisle's SERVPRO has the training, protective gear and specialized equipment needed to control and properly deal with your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (717) 761-2173
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of New Cumberland / Carlisle for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of New Cumberland / Carlisle has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Boiling Springs
- Mount Holly Springs